Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14

Thread: 288 comp. drivers

  1. #11
    HB Forum Owner Todd W. White's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Post

    He's also working on Alnico versions of the 288 and 299, and probably the 802 eventually.

  2. #12
    Inactive Member scott fitlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 29th, 2003
    Posts
    495
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow, thats exciting stuff. Alnico speakers and drivers havent really been produced for years. A few things on the market, but thats it, nothing Altec, and I have always said alnico magnets sound the very best.

    Alnico 288,s, man those sound sweet. Always did, I still have one pair of our original 288-8G,s, and eight 808,s with aluminum frams and tangerine phase plugs.

    Buy me some woofers, and build me some cabinets, everything else I have, and make a system nothing else can touch!

  3. #13
    Junior Hostboard Member MI9462's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 8th, 2013
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 288 comp. drivers

    Quote Originally Posted by Todd W. White View Post
    Soon, BRAND NEW 288-8H's will be availabe from GREAT PLAINS AUDIO!

    Bill is already making 515C's (that's a 515B with the larger, 16" mounting frame). And YES - IT'S ALNICO!

    He's also building 414-8B's (alnico) and 414-8C's (ceramic), as well as 416-8B's (alnico) and 416-8C's (ceramic), plus 3127's, 3156's, and 3184's.

    That's BRAND NEW - AVAILABLE RIGHT NOW!

    <font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ October 16, 2006 05:05 PM: Message edited by: Todd W. White ]</font>
    I see this is an old thread but I have a pair of the GPA 288 H Alnico that I use with my Grand Theatre horn system and they are outstanding. Cant seem to get the photos to upload.

  4. #14
    HB Super Moderator
    288 comp. drivers


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: 288 comp. drivers

    Quote Originally Posted by MI9462 View Post
    I see this is an old thread but I have a pair of the GPA 288 H Alnico that I use with my Grand Theatre horn system and they are outstanding. Cant seem to get the photos to upload.
    That's cause your a new member and only have 1 post... After a few posts you should be able to post pics... Or try linking into photos from like photobucket,Flickr,picasa, paste the [img] codes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.